For thousands of years, honey has been used for healing and nutrition. This is due to its rich, almost endless list of vitamins and minerals in the composition. The popularity of the product is growing every year, especially in the fields of medicine, cooking and cosmetology. For its correct use, you need to know not only what is useful, but also why honey is dangerous.
When honey is bad
Honey, like all products used by humanity, can not only have a positive effect, but also harm the body. To a greater extent, the negative impact of honey products directly depends on the existing diseases. It is equally important to know how much honey is not capable of harm. Indeed, even an absolutely healthy organism can react differently to a decrease or increase in the dose consumed.
There are several reasons when honey is noted to be harmful to the body:
- Allergic reaction. This reason is not as common as it seems. It is quite rare to find people with a honey allergy. Honey is considered a strong allergenic product due to the presence of a large part of the active ingredients. Everyone's body can react in different ways, from mild skin rashes to fatal pulmonary edema. The intensity of such manifestations can fluctuate, depending on the characteristics of the allergy. On first use, such manifestations may remain invisible. It is better to limit the consumption of honey, knowing about such a reaction of the body;
- Diabetes. The high content of sucrose and glucose makes the product banned for diabetics. This is due to the ability to rapidly increase blood sugar levels. Honey, which is dominated by natural sucrose, is especially harmful. Fructose, which can be consumed by diabetics, is considered more gentle. Studies have shown that certain types of honey are not capable of harm and even will be useful in the treatment of diabetes;
- High temperature processing. Overheated honey is not a healthy food. The reason is that additional processing of products leads to the destruction of the beneficial composition and contributes to the accumulation of harmful formations that negatively affect the nervous system and the body as a whole. It is believed that short-term exposure to temperatures no higher than 40 degrees is not capable of harming the body. For this reason, it is not advisable to throw honey into hot tea. Also, buying liquid honey in the winter can be dangerous, because by this time most of the varieties begin to be candied and you can attack fake honey;
- High calorie content and glycemic index. What is good for some can be negative for others. Honey contains a large amount of quickly digestible carbohydrates, high calorie content can promote rapid recovery after physical exertion. The product is capable of causing obesity. You should not completely abandon a useful product. It is enough just to limit the dose taken to a minimum, especially in the evening;
- The impact of products on the digestive system. The harm of honey to the human body with diseases of the digestive system is noted, in particular, with gastritis and ulcerative formations;
- Stones in the kidneys, gallbladder and bladder threaten the patient with an exacerbation with thoughtless consumption of a sweet product;
- Childhood. Young mothers are often worried about whether honey is harmful to young children.In order to improve health, parents mindlessly feed their children with this useful product.
Why is honey sick
Medical statistics show that only 10% of the world's inhabitants are allergic to nectar. Some people wonder why honey is sick, and whether it is normal. Speaking of allergies, it should be said that the manifestations can be varied, nausea is not the only symptom. Allergy sufferers often have a headache from honey.
Basically, allergies are accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Redness, skin rash;
- Itching and swelling of the mucous membranes;
- Sneezes and nasal discharge;
- Labored breathing;
- Pain in the lungs
- May be nauseous;
- Increased sweating;
Why honey is dangerous
Despite the belief of the population in the usefulness of honey sweetness, scientists argue that it is still harmful to health. It is noted that beekeeping products have a very high glycemic index. This figure ranges from 60 to 87, with a normal value not exceeding 40. This means that regular intake of honey leads to severe obesity. Moreover, more than 80% of the composition is sugar, which accumulates in the blood. As a result of constant consumption, people expose their bodies to the risk of metabolic disorders, as a result of which diabetes mellitus develops.
In addition to chronic diabetes, people are at risk of developing atherosclerosis, heart attack, and even stroke. The accumulated sugar builds up in cholesterol plaques, which block blood vessels and disrupt normal circulation. It is noted that the sugars in honey accelerate the formation of C-shaped protein, which is responsible for the aging process of the body, thus shortening life. Therefore, the lethal dose of honey for a person does not have to be measured in specific numbers. Regular consumption of sugar products in itself will be fatal over time.
My head hurts and dizzy from honey
To a greater extent, bees collect nectars from flowers that are not dangerous. Our ancestors also knew about drunk honey, which is considered poisonous. The consumption of such honey affects the body like a large number of alcoholic beverages. After such sweetness, it is difficult to control actions and stand on your feet, you can suddenly vomit, your head is dizzy from such honey.
Such products are processed from the nectar of poisonous plants. Since bees collect it for their own consumption, such products are not dangerous for them in moderation. When it enters the human body, the product is capable of causing manifestations that disappear within a few days:
- the appearance of cold sweats;
- nausea after honey;
- vomiting opens;
- dizzy and headache.
A lethal dose of honey over 150 grams, as a consequence of its intake, is capable of initially provoking loss of consciousness. The next manifestation is death if no action is taken. To alleviate the symptoms, it is necessary to flush the stomach with potassium permanganate, as with other poisonings. You should also empty your bowels, so be sure to use laxatives.
Avicenna stated: "If you want to live long and keep youthful, then be sure to eat honey, especially with crushed walnuts."
Honey is good for everyone, unless, of course, you are allergic to it. I personally use honey every day making a sandwich with it and washing it down with tea or coffee. So if you want to be healthy, not grow old and live up to 100 years, eat more honey (as Avicenna said). However, everything needs a measure.
Honey is good for everyone, unless of course you are allergic to it. I personally use honey every day making a sandwich with it and washing it down with tea or coffee. So if you want to be healthy, not grow old and live up to 100 years - eat more honey (as Avicenna said). However, everything needs a measure.